Long Stratton, St. Mary (Norfolk)
Long Stratton, also known as Stratton St Mary, is a Market Town on the Roman road to Caistor. It is about 16 km south of Norfolk, on the A140. The St Mary's has a round tower. In 1319 Richard de Bourne started the reconstruction of the church. The work was finished by his brother Roger de Bourne during the second part of the 14th century.
Six bells hang in the tower, the oldest having been cast in 1327. They are regularly used. Every Christmas Eve since 1945 their chimes can be heard.
There is an interesting Sexton's Wheel, one of the two England has. It was used to determine the day of the Lady Fast, but nowadays nobody has an inkling of how this was done.